Many events have pushed me toward a more active role in developing my art career. Lack of retirement options, continuing positive recognition in the art community, greater confidence in my ability to handle my ecclesiastical responsibilities, and the grave uncertainties in this world has prompted me to do what I can to provide for my family and uplift people.
Therefore I am happy to announce the following:
- Museum Display. My painting, “In the Garden“, is on display at the LDS Church Museum through August 2016.
- Ambassador Portraits. Once again I will join other artists in drawing portraits of Washington, D.C. ambassadors and their families on October 10th from 10:30am-1:00pm at the Marriott Ranch in Hume, Virginia.
- Featured Speaker. On October 17 2015 I will speak about my art processes and impacts at the Tapestry Womens Conference in Annapolis, Maryland. The conference in Saturday 17 October 2015 from 1-4pm at the Annapolis chapel of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 1875 Ritchie Highway, Annapolis, MD 21401. Several of my original paintings will be on display. Other speakers will be Jason F. Wright, New York Times best-selling author of The Christmas Jar, The Wednesday Letters, and many others; Sandra Turley, Broadway lead in “Les Miserables” and Ariel in DisneyWorld productions of “The Little Mermaid”; and Florence Morrise, a foster parent and “mother to hundreds” children’s advocate.
- Unveilings. I will unveil four new oil paintings at the Tapestry conference.
- Prints Available. Many of my paintings are available for purchase custom-framed or as ready-to-hang stretched canvas prints from Imagekind.